Friends – hope that your weekends are going well. I’ve had a good Sunday, am feeling a bit better and got lots done around the house.
This week will be a fun one. Here are a few things I’m looking forward to:
1. My Dad’s birthday is Friday! He is turning 62 years young. Amazing!
2. Pumpkin Pie Larabars. Oh yes. I stopped at Whole Foods the other day to stock up, and am looking forward to trying one of these babies tomorrow morning for breakfast.
3. The tBunk Endurance Challenge – 50k “fun run” is on Saturday. The 150 and 200 milers will have been running since Friday or Thursday. Despite being sick as of late, I am determined to get out on the trails and tackle at least part of the 50k distance (hiking – nothing crazy!). It will be awesome to share the course with such badass endurance athletes, and an honor to participate in the inaugural event; Mr. Tom Bunk is one righteous dude.
4. Returning to exercise in general. It’s been practically two weeks since I’ve felt good enough to work out, save for a relaxing hike last weekend with Zak and Clay. It will be great to get a sweat going.
5. Ghost Brothers of Darkland County, the “Southern Gothic Supernatural Musical” from Stephen King, John Mellencamp, and T Bone Burnett, comes to Milwaukee this Tuesday (playing one of the venues I work for). We’ve been working on this for nearly six months, and if the stage play is nearly as good as the album that was released in June, we’re in for a treat.
6. The other stuff at work this week – this is something I don’t take for granted. Concerts, practically every night this week! We have Brian Wilson & Jeff Beck, Poliça, City and Colour, Kate Nash, Walk the Moon, Toro Y Moi, David Sedaris, and an epic thee-night Halloween stand with Umphrey’s McGee. And a few others shows. Awesome.
What are you looking forward to this week?
What’s the next concert you’re going to?